[Mailman-Users] Can't hide sender of message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 9 16:16:25 CET 2009

TomSherlock wrote:

>I use Mailman version 2.1.11.cp3.  I have  set to "yes" the option  "Hide
>the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address (Removes From,
>Sender and Reply-To fields)".
>
>Now subscribers are receiving e-mail from the mailing list and from the
>author of the e-mail message.

Do you mean they receive a single message from the list which is From:
both the list and the poster? If so, this is a cPanel issue which we
can't help with. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

If on the other hand, you mean they receive two messages, one from the
list which is From: the list and one From: the poster, perhaps the
poster is including some list members in a CC or BCC, or this could
also be a cPanel issue.

In order to say more, we'd have to see the complete headers of both
messages.