[Mailman-Users] Server skips Mailman

alexander at nautae.eti.br alexander at nautae.eti.br
Mon Dec 7 16:09:50 CET 2009

Hi.

I have an weird error here.

If I send a message to a list using an email account that "resides" at
same email server than Mailman, everything works fine.

But if I send a message to a list using a email account from other
server/domain, I receive an error "Recipient address rejected: User
unknown in virtual mailbox table".

For example:

1. I have the list.domain.com hosted at machine/server A
2. I have the domain+account alexander at blah.com hosted at same
machine/server A
3. I send a message to people at list.domain.com using alexander at blah.com. OK
4. I send a message to people at list.domain.com using other at other.com. ERROR
5. the account other at other.com is ok in Mailman (it's not moderated, etc)

So, seems that if I use alexander at blah.com the request goes by
Mailman, and if not, the request ignores Mailman completely and treat
people at list.domain.com as an ordinary email address.

And, so, seems to be a postfix configuration problem... but... it's
hard to me to figure out where is the problem.

Could someone help me?

[]s
Alexander
Brazil