[Mailman-Users] Sig file impossible to download

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 1 17:09:27 CET 2009

Kristo wrote:

>I get an error when trying to download
>http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/mailman-2.1.12.tgz.sig
>it says the source file cant be read...
>
>so I cant check the signature...
>Is it an issue?

There is some problem retrieving these sigs from gnu.org via http. It
may be a browser issue or a web server issue at ftp.gnu.org.

In a quick test,I was unable to download the above URL with several
browsers, but I was able to successfully get it with Opera 10.10 and
also from the command line with both wget and curl.

I was also able to successfully get it with the failing browsers from
<ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mailman/mailman-2.1.12.tgz.sig>

Finally, although no longer listed on the download page at
www.list.org, it is available at
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailman/files/>.