[Mailman-Users] Mailman not automatically updating its aliases file

Mark Ratcliff mratcliff at tsl.state.tx.us
Mon Aug 24 17:50:07 CEST 2009

Newlist doesn't report any errors. As far as I can tell postfix sees the
/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db just fine but when I add a new list the
newlist command does not write the new aliases to the aliases file nor
does it update the aliases.db file.

Ownership is set to mailman:mailman with group read/write perms on the
aliases file ( I had to create this file manually ).

Could this just be a bug in the RHEL5 package? I can work around this by
just manually updating aliases, however I'd like to try to find out if
maybe I did something wrong.