[Mailman-Users] Template Question

Jeff Grossman jeffg at turners.com
Wed Aug 19 22:59:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:48:58 -0700, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
>>I am moving my Mailman 2.1.12 installation from an old Mac OS X box to a
>>freshly installed Debian stable machine.  I am running Mailman 2.1.12
>>from testing.  I copied over my lists directory and seem to have a
>>problem with the templates.  I have some customized templates in the en
>>directory of each mailing list in the lists directory.  Mailman does not
>>seem to be using those customized templates, but using the generic ones.
>>I thought the ones in each mailing list directory was always the first
>>used?  Or is it something with the way Debian setups up Mailman?  Any
>>help would be appreciated.
>

> If these are 'archive' templates you definitely need to restart Mailman
> after installing them as they are cached in ArchRunner. You shouldn't
> need to do this for 'web' templates and probably not for 'email'
> templates, but it wouldn't hurt. Also, cronpass.txt isn't associated
> with a list so it doesn't work in any lists/LISTNAME/en directory,
> even the site list's. If you have restarted Mailman after putting
> templates in lists/LISTNAME/en, and they still aren't being picked up,
> then I don't know what the problem is. I don't think it's a Debianism.

Sorry about that, yes they are 'email' templates.  I copied over my lists
directory from the old server.  And then started Mailman.  When I send a
help command to the list, it is not using the template located under the
'en' directory under the list.  It is using the generic template.  What
steps can I do to figure out what the problem is?

Thanks,
Jeff