[Mailman-Users] Setting the Administrator's interface language to be different to the default language of the subscribers?

Paul Hardy phardy at cellrunner.com
Fri Aug 14 06:24:37 CEST 2009

I have spent a day looking through the Mailman documentation and searching
the archives of this mailing list.

I am administrating a list for a group of blind users who speak Japanese. A
new user's first encounter with the system must be in Japanese. Therefore,
the default_language is set to Japanese. This means the Adminstrator's
interface is also in Japanese. This is fine for the most part. However, it
needs to be in English from time to time. When it is in English, new users
will see an English-language welcome email. How can I force all new users to
Japanese, whilst being able to select the Administrator's language at will?