[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing not working - Update

tanstaafl at libertytrek.org tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Aug 13 16:22:17 CEST 2009

On 8/12/2009 2:02 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> The Gentoo init script for mailman is pretty simple.  It executes, as
> user 'mailman', "mailmanctl -s start", "mailmanctl stop" and "mailmanctl
> restart" for the standard init script arguments of start, stop and
> restart.  That's all.

Mine stopped working and no amount of begging on the gentoo forums
resulted in any fixes. What finally fixed it for me was to add the full
path to the mailmanctl command being issued.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-641573-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-mailman-start-0.html

> I found a thread on the Gentoo bug reporting list which discusses
> compatibility issues between Mailman 2.1.11 and Python 2.6, also
> possibly 2.5 (which I'm running on these boxes).  Gentoo is distributing
> mm 2.1.11 with stable as of yesterday,

Thanks for the heads up about the compatibility issues, guess I'll wait
a while before updating, but...

Hmmm... I just synced, and it still shows 2.1.9-r3 as current stable.

> and 2.1.12 with unstable,

Confirmed.

--

Best regards,