[Mailman-Users] How do I kill a message in the middle of beingdistributed?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 12 06:11:00 CEST 2009

J.A. Terranson wrote:

>I just had someone post a few dozen 5mb files - since thats the list max
>size (not that anyone's ever sent even ONE of those before!) - and
>everything is clogged.  I want to clear *everything* and just come up
>empty.  I cant find this in the wiki.

Stop Mailman.

Look at Mailman's 'in' and 'out' queues. You can examine queue entries
with bin/dumpdb or bin/show_qfiles, although you can probably identify
the offenders by size if they are there.

Remove or move aside any offending queue entries and start Mailman.

But, I suspect the messages have long since been delivered to the MTA,
and any removal will have to be done there. How to do that depends on
your MTA.