[Mailman-Users] Corrupted archives ...

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Aug 11 07:18:45 CEST 2009

Glenn Sieb wrote:
> I have a list with archives that are about 10 years old. The archive
> mbox size is 175M.
>
> I was alerted by a subscriber that the August 2009 archives list 128 "No
> subject" emails that "look funny."
[snip]
> From: "redacted" <redacted_at...>
> To: redacted
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:27:19 PST
>
> (body of email starts here)
>
>>From Redacted <redacted at u...> Wed Dec 15 00:40:19 1999

Have you tried running bin/cleanarch and then rerunning bin/arch to
regenerate the messages?  It's possible what you're seeing could be
caused by messed up From lines in your old mbox file (used by the
archiver to determine the start of messages).  Mutt may just have a more
forgiving parser.

Be warned, though, if you regenerate the entire archive, then the links
in your archive will change (i.e. old posts that people have linked will
no longer be in the same spot).

  Terri