[Mailman-Users] web-interface password..

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 9 17:40:23 CEST 2009

Khalil Abbas wrote:

>some of my lists ask for the password once and never ask again whenever I'm logged on, and some of them ask twice, once on logon and once when clicking on anything else ..most of them actually ask for the password twice then never ask again whenever I'm logged on ..
>

>why's that ?

Because the host name in the URL you initially go to is not the same as
the host name in the links on the page so the inital login cookie is
not returned on the subsequent click because it's for a different host.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> and other FAQs referenced
therein for more information and how to fix it.