[Mailman-Users] Duplicate Messages

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Aug 4 20:26:50 CEST 2009

I have a problem, and don't know if there is an easy or viable
solution.  I run a bunch of lists for an organization, over 150
lists, about 80 percent public and 20 percent private.  Periodically
there are messages that need to go to everyone, or almost
everyone.  However, people belong to multiple lists so many people
get duplicate copies of the same message.

Is there any way to send to everyone, or sub-sets of everyone?  Is it
possible to subscribe everybody to an announce-only list, at the same
time they subscribe to their chosen list or lists?  Not sure I want
that approach, but an option if possible.

Dave