[Mailman-Users] mailman and group mismatch error

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Mon Aug 3 19:42:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 07:55:04AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Greg White wrote:
> >
> >#cat /var/log/mailman/smtp
> >Aug 03 08:25:03 2009 (2622)  smtp to mailman for 1 recips, completed in 0.101 seconds

[...]

> Perhaps you should try to find this mail. Since you've elided all the
> message-id's, I can't tell if this is a delivered post or a notice
> about a held message. I'm confused about that because you say there's
> no vette log which indicates the post wasn't held, but if it was
> delivered, there should be a post log entry, and you say there's no
> post log either.

[ I don't think i've seen this in the mail-exchanges so far ]

It may be useful to check the list-members of the 'mailman' list, too.
(either via list_members, or the web-interface)

Is the recipient of the list what you expect it to be?

(I'm by no means a Postfix fan)

--
``Jim Hacker: What appalling cynicism.''
``Sir Humphrey: We call it diplomacy, Minister.''