[Mailman-Users] Adding a description to the "<listname>-bounces" address

Ralph Prichard rprichard at newseum.org
Tue Apr 28 21:46:40 CEST 2009

This seems like such a simple thing that I'm sure it's described
somewhere, but after searching the archives and Google I haven't had any
success in finding it.

We have some Outlook users, and as this FAQ describes...

http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/From+field+displayed+by+Microsoft+Outlook

...they see the Sender info glued to the From info.

Please note:  we're perfectly happy with the <listname>-bounces address
itself (I mention that because my searches turned up several people
asking if it was possible to change.)

All I'd like to know is if it's possible to add a descriptive string to
that address.  In other words, configure the Sender line to be something
like...

Sender:  The Interesting Example List <example-bounces at example.com>

...instead of what it apparently is now...

Sender:  example-bounces at example.com

Even just being able to insert the "description" value from the General
Options page would help.

Thanks,

Ralph