[Mailman-Users] Migrate a list from one server to another

Edward Ned Harvey edward.harvey at lyricsemiconductor.com
Mon Apr 27 21:08:49 CEST 2009

I¹m actually building a ³sandbox² machine, to test some config changes
before attempting on the production machine.  I installed the OS and mailman
on the new machine, configured it all up until I was able to browse the web
server, and see the ³Mailman² list ...

And then I copied the /var/lib/mailman directory from the old server to the
new one.  I expected to be able to browse the mail archives here, but ...

list_lists does in fact work.  Produces a list of all the lists.
But when I browse to listinfo, it just says ³There currently are no
publicly-advertised Mailman mailing lists²

I¹ll poke around some more, but lots of times the answer will appear here
before I can figure it out on my own...

Thanks for any help...