[Mailman-Users] list creation via web, and DEFAULT_MAIL_HOST

Pieter Donche Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be
Wed Apr 22 10:26:09 CEST 2009

I set up a mailman list server on a host host.mydom.mycountry
Mails to this machine are sent to an alias mail.mydom.mycountry

Although I have set in my /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.mydom.mycountry'
DEFAULT_MAIL_HOST = 'mail.mydom.mycountry'

and did a restart of the mailman program (and even a stop and a start)

When I create a list via the web interface, the mailing list is
created with mail address for post:   mylistname at host.mydom.mycountry

Of course I can change this as administrator of the list, but why does
it not create the list with mail.mydom.mycountry since it is in the
/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py  file ?
How to make this behaviour correct..