[Mailman-Users] Setting Password reminder problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 22 16:34:55 CEST 2009

Gary Elsner wrote:

>I have 2 mail lists and in General Options set both lists to NO on "Sending monthly password reminders".  All new subscribers are still set to YES when they join.

These are two different settings. If the list's "Send monthly password
reminders? (send_reminders)" is No, monthly reminders will not be sent
regardless of the user setting. The user's setting allows a user to
opt out if send_reminders is yes, but does not allow opting in is
send_reminders is no.

The default for new members for the reminder option is one of the
new_member_options bits, but it is not one that's available through
the web admin interface. It can only be set to No by turning on the 32
bit in the lists new_member_options attribute via bin/withlist or
bin/config_list, but as noted above, this is unnecessary, as setting
"Send monthly password reminders? (send_reminders)" to No says no
monthly reminders are sent regardless of user settings.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.