[Mailman-Users] Mailing List Template?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 14 17:17:52 CEST 2009

Ivan Sanders wrote:

>I am managing a dozen lists for my scout group, and wonder whether I can
>point them all to a template configuration??
>
>Basically, when I make changes I need to go through all the lists
>separately, or if I create a new list, I need to go and make all the
>changes to it from scratch.
>
>Looking at some way of having a master configuration which all my
>existing, and any new lists would point to..

This will be easier in Mailman 3. Currently, you need to get a list
configured as you like and save it's configuration with

bin/config_list -o file LISTNAME

Then you may want to edit file to remove some list specific things like
owner, moderator, description, info and subject_prefix. This then
becomes your template which you can apply to other lists with

bin/config_list -i file OTHERLISTNAME