[Mailman-Users] Changing reply_goes_to_list

Edward Ned Harvey eharvey at lyricsemi.com
Thu Apr 9 19:27:05 CEST 2009

Accidentally, I had DEFAULT_REPLY_GOES_TO_LIST = 1 when I wanted it to be 0.
Unfortunately, a whole bunch of lists have already been created with 1 ...
So before I do the following, I want to run it by here ­ to make sure I¹m
not going to screw something up.

For that matter, maybe there¹s a simpler way to do this?

Run this as root:

#!/bin/bash
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/mailman/bin
for list in `list_lists -b` ; do
    echo "Converting ${list} ..."
    config_list -o ${list}-config.txt $list
    cat ${list}-config.txt | sed Œs/reply_goes_to_list =
1/reply_goes_to_list = 0/¹ > ${list}-config2.txt
    config_list -i ${list}-config2.txt $list
done