[Mailman-Users] How to set default list settings

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 1 16:48:40 CEST 2009

Salvatore D'Agostino wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can set the default settings for all newly
>created lists so that I won't have to always log in to the website each
>time and set them individually?

Most list settings have defaults in Mailman/Defaults.py. Read that file
to see what the settings are and override the ones you want to change
by setting them in mm_cfg.py. See <http://wiki.list.org/x/fIA9>.

You can also make an input file for bin/config_list containing those
settings you wish to change, and just run bin/config_list with that
file as input on the newly created list.