[Mailman-Users] migrating Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 25 21:25:56 CEST 2008

Kevin Freels wrote:

>One thing I discovered in migration is be sure the systems are Endian
>compliant. I was moving some lists from a Solaris box to FC8, which are
>different Endian.

I assume the issue was that the config.pck for the lists was in binary
format and was incompatible with the other endian system. If that is
the case, it would be fairly simple to write a small script that would
load the data from the pickle (on the original system) and save it to
a new pickle using protocol 0. This new pickle should then be usable
on the other endian system.

Then you could still move the converted config.pck and not lose user
options and perhaps other settings.