[Mailman-Users] deleted old messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 25 18:43:03 CEST 2008

Tomáa Macek wrote:
> I'm using oder mailman 2.1.5 together with Postfix.
> Earlier I created moderated list, sent some testing posts. But I did not
> answered the mails asking me if I want to allow this post or drop it,
> but I have only deleted these mailman's messages.
> Now the mailing list sends me every day some message, saying that there
> are messages awaiting for consideration.
>
> How can I delete theses old messages waiting for consideration when I
> don't have any web server configured? Didn't find this in FAQ and
> googling also did not helped.

Look in Mailman's data/ directory for files named
heldmsg-listname-nnn.pck. If you want to see the actual held message,
dump the file with bin/dumpdb. to remove the file use bin/discard. Do
not simply remove the files as that won't stop the daily notice.

It's not easy to admin a mailman list without the web interface.