[Mailman-Users] Digest sizes

Krystal Zipfel zipfel at greenacrestechnology.com
Thu Sep 25 18:03:30 CEST 2008

Hello all!

I have a question. Under the digest options in the administration page,
there is "How big in Kb should a digest be before it gets sent out?" and
"Should a digest be dispatched daily when the size threshold isn't
reached?". If the KB size of a digest is set to 0 AND the daily dispatch is
set to yes, will a digest be sent with every message, or daily?

I ask because according to the documentation I found:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node19.html

If the KB size is set to 0 and the daily dispatch is set to yes, it will
default to daily. However, on my server when the KB is set to 0, regardless
of the daily setting it sends a digest for each message posted. However, if
the KB size is set to 10, 20, 300, it will send once it reached that said
size, and if it never reaches that size in one day it will send daily.

FreeBSD 4.8
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix

Thanks!