[Mailman-Users] postfix doesn't know mailman lists

fuchur fuchur at gmx.net
Wed Sep 24 20:37:53 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction ;-)

I'm using postfix with a mysql back-end and can't get mailman to work in
this environment.
I installed mailman, setup a mailinglist and tested it with:
echo "bar" | /usr/bin/mail -s "foo" foo at lists.xxx.com

everything went smooth. But when I send a message to foo at lists.xxx.com
I'll get a "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox
table.".
I log the request against the DB and this is what I found:
SELECT domain FROM panel_domains WHERE domain='lists.xxx.com'
=> lists.xxx.com

select list_name from modules_mailman WHERE
list_mailhost='lists.xxx.com' AND  type="list"
=> foo at lists.xxx.com

SELECT transport FROM modules_mailman WHERE type="list" AND
list_mailhost='lists.xxx.com'
=> mailman:

At this point I guess mailman should kick in... but I get a:

SELECT destination FROM mail_virtual WHERE email='foo at lists.xxx.com' and
destination <> '' and destination <> ' '
=> NULL

SELECT maildir FROM mail_users WHERE email='foo at lists.xxx.com'
=> NULL

SELECT maildir FROM mail_users WHERE email='@lists.xxx.com'
=> NULL

I uploaded my main.cf: http://pastebin.com/m2a35da3d
and my master.cf: http://pastebin.com/m36ab330f

Any kind of help is highly appreciated ;-)

CU
-fu