[Mailman-Users] moving archives to different location

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 24 16:34:30 CEST 2008

Radim Roska, IAESTE CVUT wrote:

>I use mailman version 2.1.10 patched with mhonarc and modinc patches.
>
>I'm trying to move archives to subdirectories.
>e.g.
>$base/archives/private/test
>$base/archives/private/test.mbox
>=>
>$base/archives/private/sectionA/test
>$base/archives/private/sectionA/test.mbox
>
>I've googled some answer from 1999..but its not working. There is variable
>PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR  = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'archives', 'public')
>in Defaults.py
>
>i've tried to change that variable by withlist command. But its not
>defined for m instance. In Archive.py there are methods that are quite
>clear..but i dont want to hack these methods for every new conference.
>
>Please, how is it possible to change archive location for a conference?

There is no per-list archive location. What you would need to do is
hack the Site.py get_archpath method once to take the archive location
from a list attribute rather than the global PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR
and PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR settings and to initialize the list
attribute to some default for new lists. (Note that all archives are
actually stored in in the 'private' directory - the 'public' directory
contains only symlinks for lists with public archives.)