[Mailman-Users] list request.pck out of date wrt data/holding*

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 19 19:50:50 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>At this point, the held messages are gone anyway, so just remove the
>request.pck file. At worst, there may be one or more subscribe or
>unsubscribe requests (if admin approval is required) that you will
>loose, but at least the list admindb interface will work. Mailman will
>recreate an 'empty' request.db as needed.

Ooops. I meant create "an 'empty' request.pck as needed".

>If your Mailman version is 2.1.6 or later, you can set max_days_to_hold
>on the General Options page to avoid this in the future.

Actually, if your Mailman is 2.1.6 or later, do not remove the
request.pck. Just set max_days_to_hold on the General Options page,
and the next time cron/checkdbs runs (and it's OK to run it by hand
now if you don't mind sending the ".. requests waiting" notices now),
it will remove all the held message entries in the request.pck that
are older than max_days_to_hold and leave the remaining requests.