[Mailman-Users] list request.pck out of date wrt data/holding*

Martin Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Fri Sep 19 15:13:06 CEST 2008

I've just taken over an existing mailman list and I'm hitting a rather
annoying problem I hope someone can help me with. When I go to the web
admin list and select "Tend to pending moderator requests" it takes ages
then times out. I saw 1000s of pending requests in data/, assumed the
previous list admin had not kept up with moderator requests and so used
discard to get rid of them. The discard worked fine but afterwards the
web admin page still timed out. I tried dumping the request.pck file and
it was huge and took ages to dump. I'm only guessing but I think someone
may have deleted holding files from data/ and not used discard. Is there
any way to rebuild the request.pck file?

Thanks

Martin