[Mailman-Users] Greetings .. and some Questions

Bill Christensen billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Fri Sep 19 05:47:25 CEST 2008

At 1:21 PM -0400 9/17/08, Jeffrey Lake - Admin wrote:
>hello,
>I love MailMan .. but I am having some problems that I hope someone
>here can help with.
>
>I run a web-server that has MailMan installed by Cpanel.
>Most of my clients use MailMan in one way or another, as do I.
>What I need to do is fix a minor problem,
>approximently half the URL's MailMan creates are missing the 'www'
>portion of the
>link, this causes a little problem when users log-in with the 'www'
>in the URL then get
>sent to a URL with out the 'www' they are forced to log-in again ..
>this gets a little annoying ..

That sounds more like a problem in how you have your web server
and/or DNS service configured than a Mailman problem.

We set up our domains such that www.domain.com and domain.com will
point to the same files, as the "www" portion is really rather
redundant.   There would have to be entries in DNS for both, as well
as entries in your apache httpd.conf (or similar for whatever
webserver you might be using) to achieve this.

I can reach any of our hosted lists using
www.domain.com/mailman/listinfo/listname or
domain.com/mailman/listinfo/listname as a result.

>Now for a problem releated to my web-site ..
>I have been attempting to get my installs of MailMan to use
>my SSL cert, as I want the entire site behind the SSL,
>If I add that to the mm_cfg.py everybodies MailMan on the server
>wants to run with 'https' which causes all kinds of errors ..

I'll leave the answer to this one to those who are more familiar with Mailman.
--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>