[Mailman-Users] Bad Character

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 16 18:15:51 CEST 2008

David Andrews wrote:

>I manually added an address to one of my lists using the web
>UI.  There must have been a space or odd character at end of address,
>that I didn't notice.  The subscribe message indicated that:  xxx at yyy.org&nbsp
>has been subscribed to .......
>
>I can't delete the address using the web interface.  How do I remove it?

I don't know why you can't delete the address via the web. What have
you tried? Note that depending on your browser, you may see the
address as just xxx at yyy.org in the membership list, and depending on
Mailman version, checking 'unsub' in the membership list may not work
(it should work in 2.1.10 and up), but you should be able to mass
unsubscribe xxx at yyy.org&nbsp.

There are also several ways do deal with this with command line access.
See the post
at<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-October/058849.html>
and the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/UIA9>.