[Mailman-Users] getting list members from mysql

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Sep 14 16:55:24 CEST 2008

Fil wrote in reply to Peter Molnar:

>> (I only want to get one single mailing list to fetch members from MySQL, the
>> other lists would use the standard Mailman DB)
>
>You will probably use bin/sync_members on a script that output the
>list of subscribers periodically

Or you can use Fil's MySQL MemberAdaptor or an adaptation thereof to
use a MySQL database for the list membership.

See <http://trac.rezo.net/trac/rezo/browser/Mailman/>

You can use the list specific extend.py mechanism to activate the MySQL
MemberAdaptor for a single list.

However, since Fil himself is recommending a different method, the
adaptation of the MySQL MemberAdaptor to your database may not be easy.