[Mailman-Users] Virtual Hosts & Listinfo Overview problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 13 01:01:32 CEST 2008

Rob wrote:

>Running 2.1.9 under Mac OS X 10.5.4, Apache 2.2.
>
>I recently set up virtual hosts using the following settings in
>mm_cfg.py:
>
>MTA = 'Postfix'
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'acvr.org'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.acvr.org'
>VIRTUAL_HOSTS=('www.acvr.org','xserve.petrad.com')

VIRTUAL_HOSTS is not a tuple, it is a dictionary. You add entries to it
with

add_virtualhost(urlhost, emailhost)

and you remove entries by either overriding them with a subsequent
add_virtualhost() with the same urlhost or by clearing the dictionary
and starting over.

What you want instead of the above is

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost('xserve.petrad.com', 'emailhost.for.this.domain')

>VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW='OFF'

Do you really want the above? It says (among other things) show all
public lists on the listinfo and admin overview regardless of the
hostname in the accessing URL.