[Mailman-Users] change alias file structure?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 9 20:52:10 CEST 2008

Peter Molnar wrote:

>I'd like to know, whether there's any way to change the way Mailman builds
>its own aliases file, for using with Postfix.

You'd need to modify Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py

>I'd like to get
>
>test at lists.mydomain.com:             "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
>test"
>etc..

That's not a valid Postfix alias.

Note from 'man 5 aliases'

       ·      An alias definition has the form

                   name: value1, value2, ...

       The  name  is a local address (no domain part).

>instead of:
>
>test:             "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
>etc...

Are you sure you don't want virtual_alias_maps with

test at lists.mydomain.com   test
etc.

along with alias_maps

test:       "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
etc...

To do this, you add

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.mydomain.com']

to mm_cfg.py and then mailman will create data/virtual-mailman with the
virtual maps for all lists in the lists.mydomain.com domain.