[Mailman-Users] Multi list management ..

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Mon Sep 8 17:37:55 CEST 2008

Khalil Abbas wrote:

> and please, leave the type of mailing aside, if you're a non believer
> don't offend other people, I didn't try to shove my beliefs into your
> faces and I was really offended with what you said about religion..

I've seen the same sort of thing, and it doesn't really matter what religion
you talk about -- zealotry is zealotry, and is equally unpleasant to deal
with regardless of which specific flavour of zealotry you're having to deal
with.

There is much hatred and many wars that have been spawned by religious
zealots over the last few thousand years, and even if the zealots in
question are not advocating violence, the simple fact that they are zealots
and pushing their beliefs on others is enough.  It doesn't matter if they
are Jehovah's Witnesses that are going door-to-door in the neighborhood,
Hare Krishnas at the airport, or any other religious/ethnic sterotype.

So, don't paint us with the same brush that you violently disagree with
being used on you.  We're not necessarily saying anything particular about
your specific religion -- it's much more likely to be a general distaste for
any kind of zealotry.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team & Co-Moderator of the