[Mailman-Users] Multi list management ..

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan9 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 19:03:08 CEST 2008

Hi All--
I visited the website.  It looks legit.

That doesn't mean it is, but the site doesn't feature any malware or
spyware, and there are no attempts to force popups on the visitor.  The
subscription & unsub instructions look like perfectly normal Mailman
instructions, with confirmation & approval required.

And he's right about Godaddy's aversion to spam.  It took me a week to get
them to up the limit for my server so I could operate my small lists without
banging up against the very low default limits after sending one or two
announcements to all the lists.  I had to supply a shitload of documentation
to prove to them I wasn't a spammer:  sample email messages, the url for the
signup page, estimated daily number of messages, number of subscribers,
explicit instructions for signing up and unsubbing.  Even then they cut my
requested limit to 1/3.  Turned out my estimates were off by a bigger factor
than that, but it was clear that if I wanted to increase their limit I
really had to work.

Metta,
Ivan