[Mailman-Users] many problems

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 4 00:13:28 CEST 2008

Karen Windus wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>My name is Karen and I've just set up a Virtual Dedicated Linux server via
>Godaddy.  I want to run Mailman for a litserv community that has decided to
>flee one of the many VT listservs they have so kindly hosted over the years.
> The list has gone down too many times and the feeling is we'd like a
>listserv under our own control.

Hi Karen,

Please don't hijack existing threads for unrelated topics. Compose a
new mail rather than replying to an old one.

Listserv(r) is a registered trademark. It refers to a specific software
product which is not Mailman. Please do not use "listserv" to refer to
Mailman or a Mailman list
<http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>.

As far as your specific questions are concerned, can you access the
Mailman admin web interface via a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admin/listname> or maybe
<http://www.example.com/mailman/cgi-bin/admin/listname>. If so, we can
probably help you with questions regarding this web interface.

For questions regarding the control panel interface, see
<http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9> for a
discussion of our limitations in helping with control panels.