[Mailman-Users] Deleting Held Messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 2 01:27:31 CEST 2008

David Andrews wrote:

>I am running Mailman version 2.1.8.  I have most list set to delete
>held messages after 15 days (last setting on General Settings
>Page.)  However it doesn't seem to be working?  Is there something
>else that has to be done -- like a Cron Job enabled or something?

Yes, it relies on cron/checkdbs, but that should run daily unless you
have modified (or not installed) Mailman's crontab.

In 2.1.8, the following crons should all be run

bumpdigests   - periodically increment digest volume #
checkdbs      - send daily moderator request summary and delete old
                messages
disabled      - send reminders and disable bouncing users
gate_news     - gate from news to mail
mailpasswds   - send monthly password reminders
nightly_gzip  - gzip the periodig archive .txt files
senddigests   - send periodic digests