[Mailman-Users] What happened to my archive? Why isn't the archive process running?

TGPlatt, WebMaster webwitchcraft at webwitchcraft.com
Thu Oct 30 05:27:22 CET 2008

I've probably just misunderstood something here. When you helped me with my
setup in July, you had me create a mailman directory in the user's web space
and we used that directory somehow. I've forgotten the exact reason we did
that now but I vaguely recall it had something to do with working around my
old Redhat 7.2 and Apache 1.2 server's suEXEC setup to gain access to the
mailman programs. The user's web account still has that mailman directory
present in it. It hadn't occurred to me yet that it might not need to be
there at all now.

To help jog your memory, its setup looks like this:

myserver:/home/mylist/www# ls -als mailman
total 12
4 drwxr-xr-x  3 mylist mylist 4096 Oct 20 07:22 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 12 mylist mylist 4096 Oct 29 17:46 ..
4 drwxrwsr-x  2    598 mylist 4096 Oct 28 06:53 mail

myserver:/home/mylist/www# ls -als mailman/mail
total 48
 4 drwxrwsr-x 2    598 mylist  4096 Oct 28 06:53 .
 4 drwxr-xr-x 3 mylist mylist  4096 Oct 20 07:22 ..
40 -rwxr-xr-x 1                 598 mylist 39801 Jun 29 18:41 mailman

So, when I asked about ownership and permissions and mentioned "the
UserAccount/mailman directory", that's the directory I was referring to.
Sorry if I confused you. :-(

Should I just remove that "spare" mailman directory from the user's space
now?