[Mailman-Users] Ubuntu version number

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Oct 29 16:48:55 CET 2008

Bob Lydiate wrote:

> How can I tell what actual version of Mailman I have. I am using mailman on
> an Ubuntu server and the Ubuntu version number is not in the same general
> format as the mailman version numbers.

That sounds like an Ubuntu question that should be asked on the Ubuntu
mailing lists.

Version number formats I've seen in the past have been like 2.1.5-1, where
the portion before the dash would be the baseline code from us that they
started with, and the number after the dash would indicate how many of their
minor revisions they've made to the code after they forked.