[Mailman-Users] Command output: local: fatal:execvp/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman: Permission denied )

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 28 21:34:13 CET 2008

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu wrote:

>Here is what main.cf has as far as alias settings:
>alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
>
>When I run a locate aliases here are all the places it exists and am not
>sure what to put:
<snip>

What Barry is talking about may or may not be exactly what is described
in the installation manual at
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>, but he is
suggesting that you have your Mailman aliases separate from the system
aliases.

If you follow the manual, Mailman will maintain the aliases
automatically in it's data/ directory.