[Mailman-Users] Command output: local: fatal:execvp/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman: Permission denied )

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 28 20:27:56 CET 2008

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu wrote:

>/etc/aliases is the location of my aliases file and that's where postfix
>is pointing.  I cannot change the owner to the aliases and aliases.db or
>else I can't run newaliases.
>
>I ran ./configure --with-mail-god=nobody
>and I have default_privs = nobody
>
>Any other suggestions?

Set up Mailman-Postfix integration per
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>.

However, I don't understand why you are getting the permissions denied
with what you have. Even 'nobody' should be able to execute
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman. If your aliases are in
/etc/aliases.db and that file is owned by root, Postfix should run the
pipe as the default_privs user, so it should work as is.

Are all the directories in the path /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman o+x?