[Mailman-Users] /etc/aliases vs. /etc/mailman/aliases

Scott Race scott at jda-networks.com
Sat Oct 18 02:26:16 CEST 2008

I am configuring mailman on a Red Hat Enterprise server, single domain
(for now).  I've gone through some different configs, finally almost
have it working.

When I create a new list, it updates the /etc/mailman/aliases file and
updates it.

/etc/mailman:
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root mailman  6040 Oct 17 18:44 aliases
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root mailman 12288 Oct 17 19:01 aliases.db

Problem is, postfix seems to be using /etc/aliases for the aliases file.
If I add my mailman entries in /etc/aliases, email works.

How can I tell Postfix to also check the /etc/mailman/aliases file, or
is it better to tell mailman to write to the /etc/aliases file?  Seems
like I'd rather keep my malman aliases in /etc/mailman/aliases.

Thanks!
Scott