[Mailman-Users] mailman "user unknown"

Karen R McArthur kmcarthu at bates.edu
Wed Oct 15 21:48:21 CEST 2008

As it turns out, this was not a mailman issue, but a sendmail issue.
Sendmail is set to look up MTAAliases in our ldap database.  Once I
changed the order of operations in the sendmail.mc 'AliasFile' directive
to look at the local aliases.mailman file first before checking the ldap
database, all worked as I felt it should.

Thank you.