[Mailman-Users] generic_nonmember_action and header_filter_rules

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Oct 14 08:45:48 CEST 2008

Rob wrote:

> Is mm_cfg.py going to be replaced each time Mailman is upgraded, or
> would these changes persist across upgrades?

In the standard installation that we provide, mm_cfg.py is preserved
across upgrades.  This is why we suggest that local modifications be
made to mm_cfg.py as opposed to Defaults.py, because the latter will
definitely be overwritten on upgrade.

However, if you use a binary package, or a version otherwise modified by
a third party (like cPanel, Apple, etc...) then we can't make any
guarantees.