[Mailman-Users] reply-to header

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 10 19:48:46 CEST 2008

Karen R McArthur wrote:

>On default setup, I currently have:
>
>first_strip_reply_to = False
>reply_goes_to_list = 1
>reply_to_address = ''

Brad has already posted a very good response. I'm just responding to a
couple of technical issues.

With the above settings, the list posting address will be added to the
address(es) in any existing Reply-To: header in the post. The domain
of the list posting address is the list's host_name attribute.

>As a second puzzle, when I change reply_goes_to_list = 0, reply-to
>header is still going to the list ...

If reply_goes_to_list = 0 and first_strip_reply_to = False or 0,
Mailman should not be altering any Reply-To: in the incoming post. If
this is not the case, there is probably some modification to the code
in Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py or some other modification that's
doing it.