[Mailman-Users] Unsubscribe after just one hard bounce

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 5 00:26:08 CEST 2008

Edward Salm, PhD wrote:

>bounce_score_threshold = 1.0
>bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0
>
>It's been 24 hours and the bogus user is still there.

Since it's been 24 hours, and since my advice to set
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0 was sent less than 5 hours ago, I
conclude that this member bounced and had delivery disabled before you
set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0.

As I explain below, once the member's delivery has been disabled by
bounce, cron/disabled won't unsubscribe that member until
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval days have elapsed since the
disable.

If you want to unsubscribe this member now, run

  cron/disabled -f -l listname

Now that you have set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings = 0, any members
whose delivery bounces in the future will be immediately unsubscribed.