[Mailman-Users] Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 12.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Nov 24 04:18:56 CET 2008

Torsten Terhorst wrote:

>i get an error message when i send an email tot he mailman mailinglist:
>

>Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 12.

This appears to be a group mismatch error, but it is not the standard
GNU Mailman 2.1 message. It appears to be a Mailman 2.0 message

See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/LYA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9> for more information on group mismatch
errors.

What the message may be saying is the mail/mailman wrapper was compiled
(or is somehow told) to expect to be invoked by a process (the MTA)
running as group with gid 67, but it is being invoked as group with
gid 12.

How you fix it depends on your MTA and/or how you installed Mailman.

We may be able to help you further, but we'd need a lot more detail
about your Mailman installation and MTA.