[Mailman-Users] so how can I test a modified gate_news?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Fri Nov 21 07:24:07 CET 2008

On 11/21/2008 12:18 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:
> The issue here is that you not only need to set up a different version
> of gate_news, you really kind of need to set up a different copy of
> Mailman to play with, and you need a few test e-mail addresses to use as
> your mail-side subscribers, and a news server account somewhere else in
> the world so that you can see what news articles look like when they go
> out.

I had not thought about the separate news server.  Though I don't
completely understand why you can't test on the same news server.

> We can see about setting up a second copy of Mailman (and gate_news) on
> the python.org machines, but it would be a little easier to test with if
> we could do that on a machine that did not already have an existing
> production Mailman installation.

(Refer to my last email.)

If you will let me know what you want installed for your test bed, I'll
set something up.  I can also provide email addresses for testing if you
don't care about the domain that they are at.  Just let me know.

Grant. . . .