[Mailman-Users] Attachment URL in the archive is mangled.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Thu Nov 20 08:04:54 CET 2008

On 11/18/2008 06:52 PM, Mark Dale wrote:
> Somehow an "=" gets inserted into the URL (see snippet below), and
> the links returns "Private archive file not found".

*nod*

If I recall correctly when "quoted=printable" encoding is used, the "="
at the end of the line by its self is an indication to the receiving MUA
that the line is suppose to be unwrapped.  I.e. remove the "=" from the
end of the "...attachments/200" line and add the "81119..." line to the end.

However if the quoted=printable MIME encoding is broken, things like
this will happen.

Will you please forward me one of the problem messages (as an attachment
because I need to see the message source) and I will verify this.

> If I remove the "=" from the URL, all is well.

*nod*  This is as I would expect.

Actually I bet that you are removing the "=" and adding the subsequent
line to the end of the URL, which is what quoted=printable is suppose to
do for you.

> Can anyone shed any light on this, and how I might correct things so
> the URL appears correctly (without the "=") in the archive?

I think this is probably another small bug somewhere in Mailman in how
it handles / folds lines of text.  Format=flowed (my preference) suffers
equally in older versions of Mailman.

> http://myDomain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/private/myListname/attachments/200=
> 81119/d1fa80ed/test.pdf

> But this works: