[Mailman-Users] The Mysterious Disappearing Disk Space (fwd)

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Thu Nov 20 06:07:47 CET 2008

A quick note to all three of you who responded with the lsof suggestion.

Thank you!  The first time I saw the lsof suggestion I wanted to kick
myself in the back of the head!  It's been *so* long since I've had any
need, that I had simply forgotten all about it.  It appears that it is no
longer even part of the FreeBSD standard distribution anymore (I had to go
fetch, although the last time I remember using lsof - ~20009ish or so - I
am pretty sure it was already present and ready for service)...

I will be mucking with it tonight and I'll let everyone know what I find.

One last note, to everyone:  I always cringe when I have to break down and
send out a "help" to a support list such as this, as so many of them will
land you more "RTFM and come back when you find it!" than they civil
replies.  This has been an inspiring experience - there is yet hope for
the Intarwebs :-)

Thanks again, and I'll be back in a few days (or less).

//Alif

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson