[Mailman-Users] mail delivery not consistent and very slow

Jewel jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Tue Nov 18 21:09:44 CET 2008

I know it's not a gmail problem because it's happening with so many
lists. I did notice that my CPU is almost always at 100% due to python -
don't know why.  I know my machine is spitting out lots of mail but
cannot figure out what there is such a delay.

Ed at JustBrits wrote:
> Jewel wrote:
>
> ---I recently upgraded my Mailman onto a new machine.  It appeared
> ---everything was running smoothly except now I have users saying they are
> ---posting and not seeing it come through.  All messages are successfully
> ---posting to the archives and I am seeing most messages get delivered but
> ---not 100%.  I have read the FAQ's and followed all of the suggestions
> ---without any errors:
> ---http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030722
> ---http://tinyurl.com/6xrrju*
> ---
> ---*My smtp-failure and error logs are not helping me determine what's
> ---wrong. Whenever I post a test to any list so far it always gets
> ---delivered. But I have a few users who said they have tried several times
> ---and don't see anything.  I had one woman try again this morning and can
> ---see it on the archive but not in my email -but other postings have been
> ---successful!!
> --- Please help me.  I have several members upset about the delay or lack
> ---of delivery and I can't find out what's going on.
> ---
> ---Jewel
> Jewel, I am sure that it would help the gurus if you tell us if you see
> a/any given ISP involved.
>
> I had a prob with a couple gmail users on ONE of my Lists which my hosting
> Tech gent was able to solve [I don't have a clue, Mark -:):):)].
>
> Ed

Jewel Makda
Student Computer Services Coordinator