[Mailman-Users] appearance of member list (2.1.9)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 18 19:11:48 CET 2008

Ralph Stahl wrote:

>normally (?) the member list shows all members from A to Z at one page.
>I have seen a list, where a kind of "tabs" is above it with links
>"A"..."Z", and only the members with one of these letters are listet at
>one page. It seems to be not very useful to me, I'd like to change it to
>the "normal" appearance.

The web admin membership list is broken into multiple pages when the
number of members exceeds the list's admin_member_chunksize attribute
(set at list create time - normally 30 members).

Beginning in Mailman 2.1.10, this is settable via the list's web admin
interface. Prior to that, only command line tools such as
bin/config_list can change it.